Dear Blog,
I’m sorry for sucking ass and never writing. Here’s an update:
My gram was sick, so I left AUS on the 16th of February.
She died on Februay 20th (the lunar eclipse).
My family decided (sans research) that my grampa would go to the VA hospital in Bennington.
They soon realized the joint was a dive, but were stuck, because other options hadn’t been considered.
I stepped in, volunteered a month of my time to watch my grampa in bumfuck VT, while my family looked into other options for care.
So that’s where I am and what I’m doing.
Exciting bits in this stretch of boredom include:
“Free Time Wednesdays”: A recess equivalent where my uncle comes to relieve me of my duties around 2p and sends me out into the world. I only have a few hours, so I don’t go far. I’ve been to Glenn’s Falls, Granville, and Bennington. I really woop it up.
“Vigil Sundays”: Another recess day where my uncle takes my grampa to Manchester for anti-war demonstrating. I have a few hours to do whatever I want. Wild.
I visited my friend Kyle at Bennington College. We hadn’t seen each other in six years, but it felt like six hours. It was awesome. Short-lived, but awesome. I had a burger and an iced tea. He had a burger and a Guinness.
I saw J yesterday. I haven’t fully formulated my thoughts on the matter, but I guess I can wing it…
Though completely indifferent as to whether or not I saw him while he was visiting his brother, it was great seeing him and I had a blast. We ragged on each other a bunch ad fell into five years ago very naturally. Almost too naturally. He asked me to move out to PT with him, help finish up his boat, and then sail around with him until kingdom come. I declined, and immediately REO Speedwagon came on the radio (and yes, he still has the tape of me singing “Take it on the Run” from 2003). So we laughed for a little while. The evening ended with me having to kick him out of the car after a heated goodbye and J telling me that he wasn’t kidding about the whole “Luca and J together forever” thing. Sigh. He’s coming over today. (and just so we’re all clear here, I made it shockingly clear that I am insanely happy in AUS with S.)
LUCA LUCA LUCA
- Luca Makyl
- This blog was once entitled, "unedited. uncensored. unabridged. " Despite the name change, It's still the same old shit...
i am 25 and self absorbed. i check my reflection in the windows i pass by. in the past, my blogs have been highly censored. i care too much about what other people think. this is me...shit and all.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment